Scope of Terms & Conditions:
Parcel service: is a distinguished postal service at competitive prices for transporting documents and shipments domestic and international which also has a tracking feature.
Postal parcel: A package, a packet or bags that contain goods or items for the purpose of conveyance or distribution, but do not have the character of correspondence.
Shipment: means all documents or parcels transported under a single (Manifest of Shipment), which may be carried by any means chosen by the Parcel Service, including air, land, or other carriers.
Carrier:Any party (other than Oman Posts) legally involved in the performance of carriage of persons or goods by land, sea, or air within the Sultanate or across its borders.
- Oman Post's responsibility for postal shipments begins from the date of receiving the shipment at the post office, and its responsibility ends upon they are delivered to the addressee or upon disposed of in the manner prescribed by law.
- The Oman Post shall be responsible for civil liability that arises as a result of any loss or damage to postal articles, or disruption or delay of the delivery of the same to the addressee. The service provider shall not be held responsible if the above is due to the fault of the sender or his negligence or the nature of the sent article.
- The Sender or on his behalf or any other person with a relationship to the Shipment, agrees to apply these Terms and Conditions within its limits.
- The Oman Post shall be responsible to compensate the sender or the addressee, as the case may be, for damages caused in the cases referred to in Article (48) of the Executive Regulation of the Postal Regulatory Law, and within the limits specified by the relevant international agreements in force in the Sultanate as described in Annex (2) of the Regulation
- Oman Post has the right to inspect with the presence of the competent security authority in the presence of the sender if necessary to open the shipment and inspect it with or without prior warning for security and safety reasons, customs, or any other legal reasons, and the privacy of the sender is taken into consideration.
- The Oman Post shall cooperate with the employees of the authority, who have judicial authority, and enable them to exercise their terms of reference prescribed by law and facilitate them to perform their work.
- If the Oman Post finds, or if they were sufficient evidence, that the postal article contains any material that its circulation is prohibited by law, he shall report the matter to the concerned authority for any necessary legal action and must notify the authority thereof within three (3) working days.
- Written notification of any obvious defects shall be given without undue delay, but no later than within 14 days from receiving the shipment.
- Shipment Charges and Fees
- Shipping fee is calculated according to the actual weight of the shipment, and the weight is confirmed by the Oman Post team.
- The weight of a single shipment should not exceed a maximum of 30 kg.
- The ability to know the shipping cost through the Oman Post website at the following link : https://www.omanpost.om/contact/contact_us
- Deliveries and Undeliverable
- Shipments will be delivered to the receiver's address or central to that region depending on the address provided to Oman post by the sender.
- If the consignee refuses to receive the postal article, the sender shall be notified of the same and requested to collect the returned postal article within one month at the most. if the sender refuses to accept the returned postal article or fails to attend within the specified time, the article shall be logged in a record that has been specifically designated for this purpose and shall be opened and disposed of as prescribed for waste articles.
- Waste materials shall be stored in designated places to avoid damaging or harming the content, for sixty (60) days starting from the date following its collection at the post office.
- The shipment is considered unacceptable in the following cases:
- A customs declaration has not been issued by the customs regulations in force in the country of the sender or the destination country.
- Failure to provide the Oman Post employee by the sender with all the details of the shipment content completely and accurately, with mentioning the price of each content (with details of the product identity, production date and expiry if necessary), and the sender must bear all responsibility and consequences.
- If the packaging of the content is defective or is not sufficient to ensure safe transportation with normal care in handling.
- It contains prohibited items such as: counterfeit goods, animals, bullion, currency, gemstones, jewelries, weapons, explosives and ammunition, human remains, illegal items, such as ivory and narcotics…etc.
- If it contains any other material that cannot be transferred safely and legally, according to a report issued by Oman Post.
- If it is classified as hazardous material, dangerous goods, prohibited or restricted articles by IATA (International Air Transport Association), ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), ADR (European Road Transport Regulation on dangerous goods) or other relevant organization (Dangerous Goods).
- Kindly refer to the list of unaccepted items on the Oman Post website.
- Circumstances Beyond Control
- Oman Post is not liable for any loss or damage arising out of circumstances beyond Oman Post control. These include but are not limited to electrical or magnetic damage to, or erasure of, electronic or photographic images, data or recordings; any defect or characteristic related to the nature of the Shipment, even if known to Oman Post; any act or omission by a person not employed or contracted by Oman Post - e.g. sender, Receiver, third party, customs or other government official and that must be proved
- “Force Majeure” e.g. earthquake, cyclone, storm, flood, fog, war, Pandemic, plane crash, embargo, riot, civil commotion, or industrial action.
- Shipper’s Warranties
- We assure the sender that the shipments are properly processed and delivered securely to the recipient.
- The sender may request Oman Post or its representative a change-of-address of the postal article at any time prior to delivery to the addressee, and the addressee may request a change-of-address of the postal article at any time prior to receiving it. In both, cases the change request is free of charge unless there is a consequent increase in the value of the tariff for postal service.
- The sender may inquire on the status of a sent postal article free of charge in case of a delay in delivery after due date in the ordinary course of business, and in this case the Oman Post shall update the sender on the status of the postal article and on the reasons for delay in receiving the same.
- The sender may request to recoup the postal article any time before its delivery, and in this case the service provider shall return the postal article to the sender upon payment of charges prescribed by the destination country for returning the article to the office of origin or to the office identified for returning the article to the sender
- The sender may obtain a receipt, or a certificate of deposit in lieu of lost one free of charge.
- Compensation for Regular Parcels:
- In the event of loss, tampering or total damage to an ordinary parcel, the sender shall have the right to a compensation equivalent to the value of the compensation determined in the Postal Agreement of the Universal Postal Union (Parcel System). In addition to the above, the sender shall be entitled to recover the value of the tariff paid.
- The provision of the preceding paragraph shall apply to the parcels that the addressee refuses to receive due to their poor condition due to a reason attributed to the Oman Post.
- If the total loss, tampering or damage is caused by force majeure, the right of the sender is limited to recovering the value of the tariff paid only.
- In the event of tampering or partial damage to the normal parcel, the sender shall have the right to compensation equivalent to the actual value of the tampering or damage, not exceeding the amount of compensation determined in the previous clause.
- Compensation refund
- In the event that the lost item or part of it is found, after paying the compensation determined to the sender or the addressee, as the case may be, the person to whom the compensation was paid shall be notified to appear within three months at most to receive the lost item and return the compensation. To him, the mission becomes the property of the Oman Post.
- If it turns out that the actual value of the contents of the insured item is less than the insured amount on the basis of which the amount of compensation was paid, the person to whom the compensation was paid must return its value and recover the item or refund the difference between the value of the disbursed compensation and the real value of the contents of the item, and in the event of rejection, legal measures are taken. against him for his claim to return what he was unjustly disbursed to, and what he might have enriched at the expense of other.
- All claims must be submitted in writing for shipments issued within 6 months from the date of acceptance of the shipment, and in the case of returned shipments, it will be within 60 days from the date of their receipt to the Oman Post Office and notification of the sender, via customer service: Call customer service through (1001 or 24922000).
- Scan the QR Code to fill the electronic complaints forum provided in all post offices and touchpoints which will be submitted directly to the customer service department. Sending claims through the following communication channels:
- Visit the Oman Post website on the below link and fill the required information : https://www.omanpost.om/contact/contact_us
- Otherwise, Oman Post will not bear any responsibility whatsoever. Claims are limited to one claim per shipment, and all associated losses or damages are fully and finally settled.
- Governing Law:
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws in force in the Sultanate of Oman and any dispute arising in connection with or due to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Omani courts.
- As all registered mail services are subject to the laws and regulations in force in the Sultanate in resolving disputes arising between the two parties under these terms and conditions according to the following steps gradually:
- Call customer service through (1001 or 24922000) Scan the QR Code to fill the electronic complaints forum provided in all post offices and touchpoints which will be submitted directly to the customer service department. Sending claims through the following communication channels:
- Via customer service email directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the Oman Post website on the below link and fill the required information: https://www.omanpost.om/contact/contact_us
- Sending the claim to the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) after 15 working days if there was no response from Oman Post Team, through the website:
- Omani courts.
- Settlement and Dispute Resolution
- The client has the right to waive the claims against the company without the need for its express consent.
- It is possible to reach a mutually satisfactory settlement of our claims in the corresponding lawsuits of any kind.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision shall not affect any other part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Oman Post has the right to amend any of the clauses according to the requirements in a way that does not conflict with the UPU or the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority TRA.