Scope of Terms & Conditions:
Normal Postal Articles (Ordinary): letters, postcards, printed papers, literature for blind, small packets, postal parcels, and other items that can be conveyed by mail as per the provision of the Universal Postal Convention and other relevant international agreements in force for the Sultanate without tracking features.
Registered Mail Service:a postal service that includes any document having the character of current and personal correspondence, such as air letters, hard envelopes issued by a postal service provider to be used for registered mail, audio materials such as optical disc (CDs) and recording types, letters, parcels, or any other postal tracking features..
Postal Bags (M Bags): the closed and addressed M bags that contains paper documents, such as letters, newspapers, magazines, books, and others, the weight of each item not exceeding 2KG and the total weight of the bag not exceeding 30 KG.
Shipment:all documents or parcels carried under a single manifest of shipment, which may be carried by any means chosen by the Registered Mail Service, including air, land, or otherwise.
Special Drawing Unit:an international of account between the members of the Universal Postal Union, as defined by the International Monetary Fund..
Letters:weight shall not exceed 2 KG, and the dimensions of the front side of the letter shall not be less than 90x140mm, and the total sum of the length, width, and thickness shall not exceed 90cm, provided that the longest side does not exceed 60 cm.
Publications:weight shall not exceed 2 KG (or 5 KG for books), and the dimensions shall be the same as set out for letters above.
Postcards:dimension shall be no less than 90x140mm and shall not be more than 105x148mm.
Packets:weight shall not exceed 2KG, and the dimensions shall be the same as set out for letters above.
Braille scripts:weight shall not exceed 7 KG, and the dimensions shall be the same as set out for letters above.
Rolle and tubes:dimensions max length + (diameter *2) = 1040 mm, max length 900 mm.
Air letters (Aerogrammes):dimensions shall be no less than 90x140mm and no more than 110x220 mm, or the length shall be at least equal to the width multiplied by 2.
- The sender, or who acts on his behalf, or any other person with a relationship to the Shipment, agrees to apply these Terms and Conditions within its limits.
- Oman Post's responsibility for postal articles commences on the date of receiving the articles at the post office or placing the same in the mailbox. The liability ends upon delivery to the address of the receiver or upon disposal of the articles in a legally prescribed manner.
- Oman Post shall be responsible for the civil liability that arises as a result of any loss or damage to postal articles, or disruption or delay of delivery of the same to the receiver. Oman Post shall not be held responsible if the above is due to the fault of the sender or his negligence or due to the nature of the sent article.
- Oman Post shall be responsible to compensate the sender or the receiver, as the case may be, for damages caused in the cases referred to in Article (48) of the Executive Regulation of the Law Regulating Postal Services, and within the limits specified by the relevant international agreements in force in the Sultanate as described in Annex (2) of the Regulation.
- Oman Post has the right to inspect with the presence of the competent security authority in the presence of the sender if necessary to open the shipment and inspect it with or without prior warning for security and safety reasons, customs, or any other legal reasons, and the privacy of the sender is taken into consideration.
- Oman Post shall cooperate with the employees of the authority, who have judicial authority, and enable them to exercise their competences as prescribed by law and provide the necessary facilitates for them to perform their work.
- If Oman Post finds, or if there is sufficient evidence, that the postal article contains any material the circulation of which is prohibited by law, it shall report the matter to the concerned authority for any necessary legal action and in any case it must notify the authority thereof within three (3) working days.
- Where it appears to Oman Post that there is an obvious defect in the postal article, it shall submit a written notice to the sender or the receiver, as the case may be, of this defect any in any case, this notice shall be given without undue delay, but no later than 14 calendar days from receiving the shipment.
- Weights and Dimensions of the Shipment
- Shipping fee is calculated according to the actual weight of the shipment, and the weight shall be determined by Oman Post.
- Deliveries and Undeliverable
- Shipments will be delivered to the receiver's address or central to that region depending on the address provided to Oman post by the sender.
- If the receiver refuses to receive the postal article, the sender shall be notified of the same and requested 0to collect the returned postal article within thirty (30 calendar days at most. If the sender refuses to accept the refused postal article or fails to attend within the specified time, the article shall be logged in a record that has been specifically designated for this purpose and shall be opened and disposed of as prescribed for waste articles..
- Waste, which are postal items whose address or receiver is unknown, shall be stored in designated places to avoid damaging or harming the content for sixty (60) calendar days starting from the date following its collection at the post office.
- Oman Post or its representative has the right to destroy any shipment that the law prevents returning it to the sender, as well as any shipment containing dangerous goods.
- Unacceptable Shipments
- The shipment shall be considered unacceptable in the following cases:
- A customs declaration has not been issued by the customs regulations in force in the country of the sender or the destination country.
- Failure of the sender to provide Oman Post with all the details of the shipment content completely and accurately, including the price of each content, details of the product identity, and production date and expiry if necessary. The sender shall bear all resulting responsibility and consequences in this regard
- If its packaging is defective or is not sufficient to ensure its safe transportation with normal care in handling.
- If it contains prohibited items, such as counterfeit goods, animals, bullion, currency, gemstones, jewelries, weapons, explosives and ammunition, human remains, and illegal items, such as ivory and narcotics.
- If it contains any other material that cannot be transported safely and legally, according to a report issued by Oman Post.
- If it is classified as hazardous material, dangerous goods, prohibited or restricted articles by IATA (International Air Transport Association), ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), ADR (European Road Transport Regulation on dangerous goods) or other relevant organisation.
- Kindly refer to the list of unaccepted items on the Oman Post website.
- Circumstances Beyond Control
- Oman Post is not liable for any loss or damage arising out of circumstances beyond Oman Post’s control. These include, but are not limited to, electrical or magnetic damage to, or erasure of, electronic or photographic images, data or recordings; any defect or characteristic related to the nature of the shipment, even if known to Oman Post; any act or omission by a person not employed or contracted by Oman Post.
- “Force Majeure” e.g., earthquake, cyclone, storm, flood, fog, war, Pandemic, ؛ plane crash, embargo, riot, civil commotion, or industrial action.
- We assure the sender that the shipments are properly processed and delivered securely to the recipient.
- The sender may request of Oman Post or its representative to change the address of the postal article at any time prior to delivery to the receiver, and the receiver may request to change the address of the postal article at any time prior to receiving it. In both cases, the change request shall be free of charge, unless there is a consequent increase in the value of the tariff for postal service..
- The sender may inquire on the status of a sent postal article free of charge in case of a delay in delivery after the due date in the ordinary course of business. In this case, the service provider shall update the sender on the status of the postal article and the reasons for the delay.
- The sender may request the return of the postal article at any time prior to its delivery. In this case, Oman Post shall return the postal article to the sender upon payment of charges prescribed by the destination country for returning the article to the office of origin or to the office identified for returning the article to the sender.
- The sender may obtain a receipt or a certificate of deposit in lieu of a lost one free of charge.
- For unregistered regular shipments, there is no compensation in case of partial or total loss or damage.
- In the event of loss, tampering, or total damage to the registered item, the value of the compensation shall be estimated at the equivalent of the value determined in the postal agreement of the Universal Postal Union (30 Special Drawing Rights) or the claimed amount, whichever is less. In addition to the above, the sender has the right to recover the value of the tariff paid, excluding the registration fee
- The provision of the preceding paragraph shall apply to registered items that the receiver refuses to receive due to their poor condition due to a reason attributed to Oman Post. If the total loss, tampering, or damage is caused by an event of force majeure, the right of the sender shall be limited to recovering the value of the tariff paid only.
- In the event of tampering or partial damage to the registered item, the sender shall have the right to compensation equivalent to the actual value of the amount of tampering or damage, not exceeding the amount of compensation determined in the previous clause.
- When estimating the value of compensation in the previous cases, indirect losses or unrealised profits shall not be taken into consideration.
- With regard Postal Bags (M Bag), in the event of total loss or damage, or partial loss or damage, which the sender refuses to receive, the value of the compensation is estimated at 150 Special Drawing Rights or the claimed amount, whichever is less.
- Compensation for Insured Letters Articles (Optional):
- In the event of loss, tampering, or total damage to the insured item, the value of the compensation shall be estimated at the equivalent of the insured value. In addition to the above, the sender is entitled to recover the value of the tariff paid, with the exception of the insurance fee.
- It is permissible to insure registered messages, except for regular messages, if an agreement has been concluded with the destination country.
- The provision of the previous paragraph shall apply to the items that the receiver refuses to receive due to their poor condition due to a reason attributed to Oman Post.
- If the total loss, tampering, or damage is caused by an event of force majeure, the right of the sender shall be limited to recovering the value of the tariff paid only.
- In the event of tampering or partial damage to the insured item, the sender shall have the right to compensation equal to the actual value of the losses, not exceeding the insured value or the amount requested, whichever is less. When estimating the value of compensation in the previous cases, indirect losses or unrealised profits shall not be taken into consideration
- Refund of Compensation:
- In the event that the lost item or part of it is found, after paying the compensation determined to the sender or the receiver, as the case may be, the person to whom the compensation was paid shall be notified to appear within ninety (90) calendar days at most to receive the lost item and return the compensation. If the person to whom compensation is paid does not collect this item and/or does not return the amount paid as compensation, it shall become the property of Oman Post.
- If it turns out that the actual value of the contents of the insured item is less than the insured amount on the basis of which the amount of compensation was paid, the person to whom the compensation was paid must return its value and recover the item or refund the difference between the value of the disbursed compensation and the real value of the contents of the item. In the event of rejection, legal measures shall be taken against him to return the unjustly disbursed sum.
- Enquiry for Registered Mail:
- All claims must be submitted in writing for shipments issued within one hundred and eighty (180) calendar days from the date of acceptance of the shipment, and in the case of returned shipments, it shall be within sixty (60) days from the date of their receipt by Oman Post and notification of the sender, via customer service:
- Call customer service through (1001 or 24922000). - Scan the QR Code to fill the electronic complaints forum provided in all post offices and touchpoints which will be submitted directly to the customer service department. - Sending claims through the following communication channels:
- Via customer service email directly: email@example.com
- Visit the Oman Post website on the below link and fill the required information : https://www.omanpost.om/
- Otherwise, Oman Post shall not bear any responsibility whatsoever. Claims are limited to one claim per shipment, and all associated losses or damages shall be settled in a ful and final manner.
- Governing Law:
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws in force in the Sultanate of Oman and any dispute arising in connection with or due to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Omani courts.
- Where a dispute arises as a result of the provisions of these terms and conditions, the following steps shall be followed in resolving them:
- The complainant shall raise his complaint through any of the following means:
- Call customer service through (1001 or 24922000)
- Scan the QR Code to fill the electronic complaints forum provided in all post offices and touchpoints which will be submitted directly to the customer service department.
- Sending claims through the following communication channels:
- Via customer service email directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the Oman Post website on the below link and fill the required information : https://www.omanpost.om/contact/contact_us
- The complainant shall send the claim to the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) after fifteen (15) working days if there is no response from Oman Post, through the following website: https://tra.gov.om/ConsumerComplaiSteps.jsp
- The complainant shall refer the dispute to the relevant Omani courts for resolution.
- Settlement and Dispute Resolution
- The client has the right to waive the claims against the company without the need for its express consent.
- It is possible to reach a mutually satisfactory settlement of our claims in the corresponding lawsuits of any kind.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision shall not affect any other part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Oman Post has the right to amend any of the clauses according to the requirements in a way that does not conflict with the UPU or the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority TRA.